• January 22

• January 22Sophomore Science Fair District Competition is on February 8

• January 22

The Phoenician

Bodies In Motion

Priscilla De Lucio

Anatomy students are starring in a new commercial! This new project involves a group of students pretending to be the new owners of a rehabilitation facility.  The students have to create two commercials marketing their rehabilitation facilities and promoting rehab services.

“The objective of the project was to introduce the various therapeutic professions to the students, identify how these professionals work with the Skeletal System (which is the body system we are currently studying), and to cause the students to investigate the requirements for graduate programs throughout the country. “Said Mrs. Macias, the anatomy teacher at MECHS.

Students have the opportunity to gain experience exploring anatomy in real world applications.

“I believe this project benefitted the students by incorporating the technological aspect to their learning. I also believe that regardless of the field of study you choose, understanding the process for graduate level admissions and knowing the various types of degrees out there is important and beneficial to all students.” Commented Mrs. Macias about the project.

Skills from anatomy translate to diverse careers such as doctor, nurse, and occupational therapist, physical therapist, research, dentist, marine biologist, among others.

“The project was to know the difference between a PT and OT and to just know what they have in common and different bones they work with.” said Maria Almaraz.

The anatomy project benefits the anatomy students in many different ways. Please make sure to check out the commercials made by the anatomy students.