• January 22

• January 22Sophomore Science Fair District Competition is on February 8

• January 22

The Phoenician

95th NFL Season Coming Up

JacksonThe NFL season is coming up and fans are more excited than ever. With all-time favorites coming back and new rookies coming into the season, this year looks more promising than it has in a couple of years.

“Dez Bryant is coming in hot this season and he seems as if he will carry the Cowboys far this year,” according to Jacqueline Quezada.

Fans from every team have their favorites and their hopes only rise even more as the season approaches. The Dallas Cowboys have always been a favorite although their glory days might be in the past. Releasing Miles Austin from the team seemed like an extreme decision at first but no one can know how the team will react to this. Having been with the Dallas team for a long time, the adjustment to his new team will also be a difficult process for him.

“RGIII’s performance last year was not his best but this season will differ and he will achieve great things,” stated David Robledo.

When Robert Griffin the Third first went into the NFL, he was definitely a fan favorite, surpassing all expectations. During his second season, his performance lacked the effort he had from the first season, leaving him and his team out of the playoffs. After recovering from his injury, RGIII will hopefully come back this season with a fresh start.

“I believe that Tyler Ott will carry the Patriots far this season,” said Joachim Lucero.

Rookies every season surprise fans as they come from colleges from around the country. Coming to a new style of playing and new teammates doesn’t stop players from quickly adjusting and doing their best for their new team.

The NFL season kicks off September 4 after the pre-season which began August 3. All fans can do for now is support their teams and hope for the best in this 95th season.