• January 22

• January 22Sophomore Science Fair District Competition is on February 8

• January 22

The Phoenician

Blast to the Past

David Robledo

Lots of outdoor fun here at Mission Early College come April 17th, 2015. The Junior Class will be sponsoring the annual Blast to the Past festival. This festival encourages everyone to come out and dress accordingly to there era. This event is opened for anyone to come and enjoy. The Juniors are sponsoring and will also be having a flash mob, as for the Seniors it will be there last Blast to Past festival.

” I like the idea of every class dressing up as one era. It differentiates us(Juniors) from Freshman, Sophomores, and Seniors. It’s also brings us together.”- Krystal Valdez
Krystal loves the idea of every class dressing up as a certain era. Krystal is extra excited this year because the Junior class will be dressing up as the 60’s. One of her favorite eras because of the beetles and hippies.

“I am excited because the Junior class is running this event. This our time to step up to the plate and make this event successful.” -Arely Diaz
Arely Diaz our Class Vise-President is anxious for the Blast to the Past festival. It is her duty to regulate the money that is being brought in. The Junior class has to show they are capable of not only running this festival but making it successful.

Blast to the Past festival will be full of joy and excitement. Everyone should come out and have a good time. This festival only happens once a year and this year it will be memorable. This year expectations have to met, nothing short of success has to be demonstrated. The pressure is on, but if all else fails at least we had fun.